Alex McPhee’s ridiculously detailed map of Alberta, which included things like the area burned in the 2016 Fort McMurray fire and the province’s Hutterite colonies, came out in print form—specifically, in the form of a 42″×68″ wall map—last year. Now he’s done it again: a similarly detailed 36″×66″ wall map of his home province of Saskatchewan, which he’s just sent to the printer. Each map starts at $60.
More Fort McMurray Satellite Images
Google Earth Blog has a roundup of the available satellite imagery of the Fort McMurray wildfire.
Previously: Satellite Imagery of Fort McMurray Wildfire Damage; DigitalGlobe Satellite Imagery of Fort McMurray; Fort McMurray Fire Roundup.
Satellite Imagery of Fort McMurray Wildfire Damage
Satellite imagery from the Pléiades-1A satellite showing the extent of wildfire damage caused to Fort McMurray, Alberta can be viewed through a web-based mapping application released by the government of Alberta. (Doesn’t work in Safari for Mac; works fine in Chrome.) [CBC News]
Previously: DigitalGlobe Satellite Imagery of Fort McMurray; Fort McMurray Fire Roundup.
Edmonton Building Age Map
Online maps showing the age of buildings in cities seem to be a thing. In addition to the map of Paris we saw in February, there’s also this map for Edmonton, Alberta. (Wired put together a list of other cities’ building age maps in 2013.) [via]
Alberta Flood Maps
This is a list of maps related to the flooding in southern Alberta (Calgary, Canmore, Bragg Creek, High River, Okotoks, etc.). This list will be added to as needed. Feel free to contribute additional links in the comments.
- Evacuation zone maps from the City of Calgary, in PDF format.
- For a wider view, an interactive map of Calgary evacuation zones from CBC News.
- A map of flooding zones across Alberta.
- A flood report map from the Calgary Herald, using reader submissions.
- A mobile site for crowdmapping flood reports (thanks, Matt).
Update, 10:15 PM:
- The Alberta provincial government’s Flood Hazard Map Application; requires Flash (via Colby Cosh).
Update, June 22 at 8:25 AM:
- Google’s Alberta Flooding Crisis Map.
You must be logged in to post a comment.